The first real sailing helmet, light and stylish.
Modern catamarans or other high-performance boats, such as skiffs, are going faster and faster and incidents can cause significant trauma in the case of a fast deceleration or capsize. Making a parallel with other sports like horse riding, ski or cycling, we think that helmets will become used more and more in sailing activities, where the risks of falling or impacting against daggerboards or booms are present.
Forward Sailing proposes an innovative solution with this new sailing helmet with In-Mold technology (a thin skin of polycarbonate is co-injected with polystyrene foam) This technology enables to get a very light helmet (less than 300g !) but with superior shock absorption overpassing by far the water CE norm.
- Shaped for excellent ventilation with multiple openings
- Specific design at the ears for a better perception of the wind while maintaining optimal protection
- In-mould construction: ultra light but very absorbent helmet in the case of impact
- Weight: 290 grams
- Comes with 2 sets of foams including one thicker for a good fit on smaller heads
- Magnetic attachment loop for quick release
- Sizes: 55-59 cm - Adjustable waist thanks to the "Micrometric Fit System" adjustment wheel
- EN1385 sailing certified helmet according to CRITT protocol